You’ve sent an open invitation for your party—so do you really know who’s coming to dinner?
For large parties, the easiest way to serve is buffet-style. Consider setting up early—even the night before so your day can be spent cleaning, cooking and getting dressed up without sweating the small, last minute stuff.
Following are 10 essentials for the modern buffet.
2. Keep the setting clean and modern with stacks of white square dinnerware.
3. Sleek marta barware is perfect for any cocktail, soda, juice or wine.
4. Scatter tealights for the warm glow of candlelight.
5. Have plenty of party flatware for each guest—and each course so you can be mingling instead of washing spoons for dessert.
6. White restaurant napkins are made for hungry crowds.
7. Water in beaker glass pitchers. Be sure they’re never empty since everyone’s drinking more of it.
8. Shadow white porcelain serving bowls for pasta or green salads.
9. An oversized aluminum tray to serve cheese, fruits or breads.
10. Two corkscrews and plenty of your favorite wines. Open a few bottle early to let wine breath before pouring.
They’re all inexpensive—even in multiples. Isn’t that something to celebrate?
hint: Have plenty of everything so unexpected guests feel welcome.