For our most recent spa windows, these inspiring wall art weavings are courtesy of mark-austin and christine. To create your own, here’s how they transformed upright slat magazine racks within hours.
1. A white slat rack.
2. Favorite fabrics cut into long, narrow strips.
3. Mounting hardware—consult your local hardware store for the best advice.
1. Tear or cut fabric into strips approximately 2”x70” however they don’t need to be exact.
2. Tie a long piece of fabric to one end of the slat magazine rack and weave in and out of the slats. Tie off at the opposite end.
3. Repeat and alternate the weave.
4. Add shorter strips horizontally for the cross weaving.
hint: for a completely different effect, go bold and mix colors—throw in a neon for a dynamite pop of color similar to the palette from this Salone display we spotted in 2008.
Thanks to todd, west hollywood store designer, for this creative and beautiful DIY project.