1. a layout, design, or sketch
2. FLOR tiles and FLORdots as needed
3. straight edge metal ruler or level
4. sharp carpet knife or box cutter
5. clean, flat surface for cutting
hint: leave nothing to waste and create a design that uses all cut pieces—and hang on to extra pieces, even mistake cuts, so they can be used/reused somewhere else.
1. Carefully measure, twice, the floor space to be covered.
2. Create a grid of squares based on a 10:1 ratio of the floor space and sketch design as desired.
4. Cutting tiles: on a clean, flat surface—protected by thick cardboard—lay the tiles face down; with a metal straight edge, mark the cut needed and score the tile a few times using a sharp carpet knife until it cuts completely through the tile.
5. Use FLORdots——one-sided, non-toxic adhesives that stick to the bottom of each tile, sticky side up—to securely attach tiles in their proper position.
hint hint: remember the design will be a mirror image when cutting and attaching dots.
FLOR’s Recycling Program:
CB2 customers can simply bring any old CB2-purchased FLOR tiles to any CB2 location and we will return them to FLOR for recycling. Customers who do not live near a store—or didn’t buy their tiles at CB2—can still participate in this program by following these 3 easy steps:
1. Box them up. FLOR does not supply boxes to return the tiles, so they recommend using a strong cardboard shipping box. If you are receiving a shipment of tiles, or brought quantities home in their boxes, keep the box for future returns if possible.
2. Contact FLOR/Customer Care—once the tiles are boxed—at 866.281.3567 or www.flor.com. FLOR will then send a pre-paid shipping label for each box.
3. Drop off labeled boxes at any UPS store.