In our new fall catalog, we created a chandelier using our whirly hanging candleholders. It’s a dramatic DIY project that’s been displayed in a few of our stores—and by a few of our facebook followers!
1. 18 whirly hanging candleholders.
2. Since multiple tealights would create too much heat, only use LED powered smart tealights.
3. String or cording to hang the whirlys. We used 1 roll of Rexlace plastic lacing. We chose it for its wide range of colors, its flexibility and strength.
4. Hanging hardware appropriate to your decor and ceiling type—ie. anchored or screw-type. We used inexpesive galvanized “S” hooks since we knew they’d be cropped out of the final shot.
1. Choose a location for the chandelier and install the proper hanging hardware.
2. Measure the length of cording you’ll need. If it will hang above a dining table, a clearance of about 30” is recommended to allow for unobstructed dinner conversations. Add 6-8” for 2 slip knots—one on each end. Hint: it’s always better to go longer than shorter when cutting since you can always trim excess cording.
3. Loop the cording through the top of every whirly candleholder as shown. Tie off the opposite end with a slip knot.
4. Gather all the cords and gently hang the slip knotted loops on to pre-hung hanging hardware.
5. Turn on smart tealights as needed and enjoy the lasting glow.