1. Stainless balls, 6” or 10”, quantity as needed.
2. Enameled balls, 4” or 6”, quantity as needed.
3. Drill with a 3/32mm drill bit.
4. Drywall screws.
5. Pegboard, plywood or MDF, sized as needed.
6. Mounting hardware—consult your local hardware store for the best advice.
1. Design a composition based on a mixture of stainless and enameled balls, 4”, 6” and 10” in diameter.
2. On a rug or protected flooring, layout the balls per the sketch to get a 3-D vision of the design.
3. Safety first: wear protective eyewear and be careful to keep the drill and balls from slipping out of control. Using the 3/32mm drill bit, drill a hole into each ball. Note: it can take a moment to ‘puncture’ the metal with the drill bit, so keep the pressure steady.
4. Screw a standard 2” drywall screw from behind the pegboard into the pre-drilled hole.
hint: if you’re not able to “float” a panel, attach the installation to a board sized for the design and hang it like wall art using the appropriate hardware for its weight and the wall.
Thanks to chris, midtown atlanta store designer, for this creative and beautiful DIY project.