1. I received a record player as a gift about 10 years ago and it’s become a hobby to collect both current and vintage lp records. Choosing one as a memory from a trip in the local language and it’s my favorite gift for weddings, housewarmings…
2. The trend in fashion from neutrals to more adventurously mixing patterns.
3. I love how changing the lighting of a room can affect its personality.
4. I’ve always had a library card—not just for books, it gives me free access to audio books for road trips, classes…other stuff I can request on-line. It’s fast, easy, economical and green.
5. There are so many things you can do while taking mass transit. It’s free time to yourself, people watching, reading, listening to music. It’s also a great way to see more of a city when we travel.
6. For about 10 years I’ve been doing yoga and enjoy the mental motivation to push myself further. So much of it is about finding the right teacher and a good atmosphere like at the Gaulter Life Center.
7. Any and all plants but jade especially—it’s low maintenance and quirky. I went to Madison for a degree in landscaping architecture so I’m looking forward to it getting into our new house and working on a plan. Until then there are terrariums, a succulent trough…
8. I’m addicted to marathons of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘No Reservations’. He does such a great job travelling and eating—we live vicariously since we’re focued on our new house now and not travelling as much as we used to.
9. At least once a month we’re entertaining at home and we always use cloth napkins—it transforms a casual get together into a more special event.
10. I must own 40 cuatro plates for appetizers, desserts—a quick load in dishwasher and more plates are back on the table.
Thanks to kate, store designer lincoln park, for this submission.