indoor string lights
pencil and painter’s tape
hanging hardware, we used about 9 nails
1. Using a pencil and painter’s tape as needed, mark out a tall triangle for the position of the tree, and a rectangle for the tree base.
2. Secure hanging hardware for the light strands—we used one nail at the top, a row of 6 along the bottom, and 2 for the base.
3. Test the light strand then weave it around the hardware—the simpler the better.
4. Hang a mix of lightweight ornaments on light sockets—or with ornament hooks—as desired.
1. Use the longest strand of lights available to avoid a bulky plug connection—also, avoid direct contact between the light bulbs and paper ornaments.
2. Use hanging hardware best suited for your wall—for best advice, check with your local hardware store.
3. Start a few inches off the floor—safely away from low objects or carpeting.
Thanks to marcus, prop stylist on this CB2 catalog shoot.
file under: DIY, alternative tree