2. I come from a big road trip family and now we take mini-road trips—just 2 or 3 hours away to explore little communities. They’re like quickie vacations that help me unwind and recharge.
3. My parents started my collection of cheap snow globes from different states. They’ve been to all the forty-something places—I’ve been to about half that many.
4. When I lived in L.A. I think I cried when found a pair of Eames’ Eiffel chairs I could afford.
5. Cindy Sherman’s photographs tell such great stories in a single frame—they’re funny, sad, interesting, exciting—all at the same time.
6. In the third grade I took an empty Snapple bottle and decoupaged it as a gift for Mother’s Day. To this day I enjoy collaging as a hobby and taught myself Photoshop by making digital versions.
7. Being involved in high school theater—set design, painting and building—I have fond memories and discovered that I love to make stuff and use a circular saw.
8. I don’t know why but teen horror movies are so much fun…like The Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer.
9.It’s fun to dress up however you like for Halloween—the candy’s not that bad either and no one can criticize you for eating all of it in one sitting because they are too.
10. Crazy beehive wigs and fun music—The B-52’s are my idea of a good time.
Thanks to steven, visual merchant georgetown, for this submission.