8oz cream cheese
1 tblsp green onions chopped
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
12 oz package of wonton wrappers
vegetable oil for frying
salt to taste
Makes 40-50 wontons
1. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, green onions, white pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Place the mixture in a zip-top bag, seal the bag removing as much air as possible in the process. Snip one corner of the bag and set aside to pipe cream cheese mixture onto wonton wrappers.
2. Place one wonton wrapper on a clean work surface and pipe 1 teaspoon of cream cheese filling into the middle. Brush the edges of the wrapper with water and fold corners together to make a triangle. Squeeze all air out of the wrapper and make sure to seal the cream cheese filling in the wrapper so it can’t escape while frying.
3. In a dutch oven fitted with a candy thermometer to 350°F, heat 2” of vegetable oil.
4. Fry wontons in batches of 5 or 6 for about 1 minute, until they turn golden brown. Remove to drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Continue to fry remaining wontons.
5. Serve hot with sweet chili dipping sauce.
—You can also create the wonton blossom by pinching the wrapper top to bottom and side to side. Picture the 12 and 6 on a clock as top and bottom and then 9 and 3 as the sides.