1. My kids’ wit and creativity—they make me laugh—especially when it comes to their Halloween costumes and birthday cakes. We have a family tradition that the number of cake layers has to match their years and the kids pick the theme.
2. My husband and I travel for work and the kids always seem to have something going on so when we can all gather for weekday family dinners—they’re very special events.
4. I have a long commute so Satellite Radio is priceless.
5. Life is complicated so a simplified wardrobe helps save time—black, grey, khaki—easy breezy.
6. I try to eat fresh, pure foods and to be mindful of the personal products I use—so I research EWG’s Skin Deep cosmetics database for the the most detailed, unbiased information available.
7. It doesn’t have to be expensive or special, I’m not that discerning when it comes to chocolate.
8. Whenever we travel, we check out the local museums—art, history, aquariums…doesn’t matter.
9. A big honkin’ Nikon camera—I’m a very visual person so there’s always something to shoot.
10. The sculptures of Magdelana Abakanowicz. Especially her fiber art and figuratives of the human spirit—how she expresses it through the human body in such a powerful way. The materials she uses seems to make them even more meaningful.
Thanks to sara, senior visual merchant, for this submission.