1. Growing up with music and paying my college tuition with music scholarships—music is on 24/7. Live or recorded—music is a part of everything I do.
2. When I was about 12, we visited family in Austria, Yugoslavia—and ever since then I’ve loved to travel to new places. That feeling of being outside your comfort zone, learning new cultures and customs, being respectful of the homelands of others while exploring them…
3. When I’m traveling, I make it a point to search out a travel treasure from a locally loved shop or market.
4. Online shopping for sunglasses, shoes, watches, shoes, watches, sunglasses…I struggle with crowds but you can never have too many watches, sunglasses or shoes.
5. No one else can make me smile like my dog Tanner—even when he eats a new pair of wedges.
6. Every month during the winter, entertaining at home and trying out new recipes.
7. It’s only been recently that I’ve learned to love dining al fresco—and the tasting table keeps me up to speed on places to go to.
8. My prized possession is a copy of Henry James’ Portrait of a Lady. It was part of my graduate thesis and I re-read it every year so it has a lot of notes in the margins.
9. I’m a freak about my hair dryer—it only takes about 10 minutes, but I multi-task and read a book while I’m at it.
Special thanks to andrea, CB2 product manager, for contributing.