Whether “your place for cocktails” is the warm up act for guests heading to another event or staying for dinner, following are 10 essentials to get you through the party before the party.
1. Set a swanky mood with lounge music and soft candlelight.
2. Once you’ve greeted guests, invite them to the acacia mini bar for something to drink.
3. Chill a stainless cocktail shaker with ice from a stainless ice bucket.
4. Measure libations and bitters with a double jigger for proper mixology.
5. Serve tall tom collins or serious scotches in tambien barware.
6. And serve flirty cocktails in chilled libertinis.
7. Garnish cocktails with twists, olives or onions from a nagoya 3-part server.
8. Graciously present every drink on a restaurant cocktail napkin.
No cocktail party is complete without light appetizers.
9. Simple cheeses and crackers can be artfully arranged on plato with basic cheese cutters.
10. Lastly, stacks of white porcelain appetizer plates and mini flatware ready for use gives you more time to make sure everyone’s drink is properly refreshed.
Hint: be sure to cover all your bases by having plenty of non-alcoholic recipes and mixers.