1. Black, bottomless cups of coffee—Seattle.
2. Bourbon. Blantons Bourbon. On the rocks.
3. My mom’s an interior designer so growing up with mid-century furniture and fine textiles—I can’t get enough furniture by Charles and Ray Eames, their textiles, and other infamous designs like the Womb and Barcelona chairs.
4. My dad’s a chef and one of my best friends is a foodie—so I have had a lot of exposure to the kitchen and baking is my favorite. I love how relaxing it is and how giving people baked goods on an unexpected day makes their day better. Pies are my favorite, but I’ll try anything and try to work entirely from scratch—even if it means carving and roasting the pumpkin for pumpkin pies.
5. About 6 years ago, a friend signed up for too many golden retrievers—so I was fortunate to step in and get Jake when he was 6 months old.
6. I’ll take any opportunity to travel—to visit amazing places like the Temple of Heaven in Beijing and the Humayuns Tomb in New Delhi; to try new, spicy, and flavorful foods—especially Indian food from India. My favorite restaurants in the world are Bukhara and the Spice Route—both in Delhi.
7. Since high school I’ve enjoyed rowing for exercise—sweep 8’s in college but mostly singles.
8. Not just music—the Alt Nation station on Serius—The Black Keys, Mute Math…
9. Jeans and concert t-shirts—which I’ll wear until their done. A current favorite is from The Sounds concert in Dallas a few years ago.
10. The one family tradition I still follow is Fruity Pebbles on my birthday—it was always a treat to get whatever box you wanted and to make it last as long as you wanted.
Thanks to david, product manager, for this submission.