fabric paint/s, as desired
brushes, as needed
light/medium-weight cardboard for stencils
uno natural linen napkins
1. Fold the napkin the way you will be using on your dining table, etc. to locate exactly where you want to place the monogram.
2. Be sure to measure and mark exactly where the stencil will be applied on each napkin so that there will be consistency in the placement. We used a square piece of heavy-weight paper which allowed the corners to line up.
3. Pencil the desired monogram design on to the heavy-weight paper and cut out the stencil with a sharp X-acto blade on a protected surface or cutting board.
4. Following the instruction label on the fabric paint—be sure to include an extra layer of paper on the backside to absorb excess paint/liquid—then use a sponge paint brush and “dab” the paint the background color on the napkin surface. Lift off the stencil immediately after painting. Let the fabric paint dry completely before adding on the next layer of color so that the colors don’t bleed.
5. For best results, consult the fabric paint label for care instructions—most likely, laundering by hand or on the delicate cycle will be recommended for the longest life.